Forsheda Mooring Compensators make for safe and gentle moorings. Made from EPDM rubber, these mooring compensators are easy on mooring fittings and boats. They are impervious to the elements, strong sunlight and salt water.
• They are easy to fit and require no extra fittings.
• Forsheda Mooring compensators are equipped with locking elements at both ends which are vulcanised into the compensator.
• The lock elements, which are injection-moulded and made of polyamide 6 (nylon), lock the line securely without causing wear.
• The secure locking of the line is essential for the proper function of the compensator.
• The length of compensating movement can be varied by winding the line in a different number of turns around the compensator.
• The table gives the maximum movement in mm for different numbers of turns and the force which the compensator takes up when a line which is wound 3 times is straightened out
• More than 3 turns permits such a large compensating movement that the life of the compensator can be greatly reduced.